Dr. Corinne Masur
Here is a recipe for the easiest holiday gift EVER – and one that even the youngest kids can help you make.
16 oz of your favorite chocolate chips
2 or 3 candy canes
Nuts, raisins or anything else you want to include
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave (if you melt on the stove without a double boiler do so at your own risk – you do not want chocolate to burn). This is the part you need to do without your child’s help as hot chocolate hurts and makes a big mess if it spills).
- Pour chocolate into a brownie tin (8×8 or larger if you want thinner bark).
- Have your child mix in any nuts or raisins you want included in the bark or save for the top.
- Have your other child crush peppermint sticks by pounding on them in a zip log bag.
- Have your child/children sprinkle these peppermint crumbs over the chocolate.
- Sprinkle any almonds, raisins or other nuts over the peppermint if you want them on top.
- Put pan in refrigerator.
- After several hours, take pan from refrigerator and remove chocolate from tin. Let your child/children break it up (and eat some) and then package in smaller tins or plastic bags tied with a ribbon.